Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Progress Report

Hi Strangers,

Working all day on the 'puter is sort of burning me out of the internet. Which is not a bad thing I guess.

I've been drawing Freddy pages:

Freddy Pages

I'm trying something new this time that I'm really excited about. I'm not penciling nuthin'.
Just drawing straight in ink, looking at thumbnails. I kind of feel like this is how I'm meant to draw. I've been thinking about Lynda Barry's Marlys strips a lot. I don't know what her specific process is with these, but there's a life in them that I love, that seems like she just drew it straight from her brain. Sometimes I feel like I only get Freddy's expression right the first time, and the more I draw it over and over, the more detached I feel from her.

So that's what's happening.

In other news;

I'm a total Gleek now, like seriously obsessed, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Ask Chuck. I talk about the characters on Glee like they are real people.

My favorite color is green

And our cat eats doritos.

Love
mm

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing all those Freddy pages. I can't wait till I can read them all in one sitting. Keep up the great work, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete