Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Popeye + Indiana Jones = Love

Hello Friends,

As you probably know, my wonderful boyfriend, Chuck Forsman, and I, just moved to Providence, RI. We have a beautiful apartment, and so many awesome friends! And, like a million other people our age, we moved here with not very much, and are trying to hack it as artists and live off of a part-time job. And Chuck just got a job! I work at the wonderful New Harvest Coffee Roasters in Pawtucket, where I worked when I lived here before.

But money is still tight, and Chuck made a beautiful beautiful page of comics, which he is selling as a full-color print for only 20 dollars, to try and make rent this month.

Here's a lil' of what he says:

I drew six scenes from Raiders as daily Popeye strips and tried to color them to look like they appeared in a newspaper from the 30’s. I put them all together as an 11”x17” poster that you can frame, put in your bathroom or place it behind that San Diego magnet on your fridge. I am only printing 100 of these these so they are a limited thing. If it proves that people like it then maybe I’ll do Temple of Doom or another movie. Maybe I should do Jaws. That would be kind of perfect.



Some pictures:

























No comments:

Post a Comment